High quality, affordable Healthcare
- Everyone should have access to affordable, high quality comprehensive healthcare
- Care should be based on need, not on ability to pay;
- Work towards a single payer system
- Fight to lower prescription drug prices
- Prevailing Wage.
- The fight for 15
- Safe working conditions
- Job Training
- Benefits that support working families.
As a champion for Davis Bacon, I have stood behind Labor for years on picket lines and in Locals meetings. I look forward to expanding on that foundation and to the work that is to come standing along side my union brothers and sisters in solidarity for strong and well supported workforce.
- We should reinstate the assault weapons ban. Compared with the 10-year period before the ban, the number of gun massacres during the ban period fell by 37 percent, and the number of people dying from gun massacres fell by 43 percent. But after the ban lapsed in 2004, the numbers shot up again — an astonishing 183 percent increase in massacres and a 239 percent increase in massacre deaths.
- Require background checks for ALL firearms sales.
- Support red flag laws
- Demand that large corporations and the top 1% pay their fair share by implementing a progressive tax system, which provides everyone the opportunity to live the American Dream.
- Increase the minimum wage to $15 per hour, now.
- Support paid leave
- Support our public school teachers.
- Improve teacher recruitment and retention.
- Make job training and tuition at all public colleges free.
- We must invest in our greatest resource, us, so our nation can thrive in an ever changing, highly-competitive, global economy.
- Increase counselors in schools
- Ensure high quality childcare and Pre-K for all children
- Close the achievement gap
- Ensuring adequate safety nets for farmers, including crop insurance that fully covers unforeseen losses.
- Helping young farmers enter agriculture as a career.
- Investing in diverse farming, such as organic and sustainable crops, to meet demand.
- Support for legislation that reduces the effects of Climate Change for farmers.
- Appropriating funds for rural development and infrastructure.
- 97% of scientists agree that our climate is changing and we are the cause.
- Our actions are having a negative impact on the quality of our water and air.
- Understand the ramifications of Disproportionate Impacts and seek to eliminate them.
- We must invest in clean energy. Currently 25% of Minnesota's energy production is acquired from Renewables with lawmakers working to double that number by 2030. Minnesota can be an industry leader nationwide and model what transition to carbon-neutral will look like.
We must support Governor Walz as he leads our state to Carbon-neutral by 2050. Work to protect those at greatest risk from poor health and quality of life outcomes due to Climate Change and ensure future generations have rich, healthy soil to till, clean air to breathe and safe water to drink.
- Ensure funding for Planned Parenthood, now and in the future.
- Secure equal pay for equal work.
- Expand and protect reproductive rights.
- Provide paid family and sick leave to all American workers.
- Support and advocate for advancement of people of color in all aspects of life including affordable housing, transportation equity, education and culturally relevant community engagement.
We are able to carry your our message to St. Paul because the support of generous donors like you. Our team of staff, interns and volunteers thank you.